Selling on eBay can be lucrative, especially if you have a lot of items to sell. However, it can also be time consuming to list each item, unless you know how to use templates efficiently.
Making Ebay Listing Templates
If you want to create your own templates in eBay, it's easy to do with a few simple steps. You can make the templates in two different ways.
Making eBay Listing Templates in the Seller Hub
You can make up to 50 templates in your account.
- After you sign in to your account, make sure that you are switched to the Business Tool version of eBay. Look in the upper right corner of the screen for a link that says either "Switch to Business Tool" or "Switch to Quick Listing Tool." If you see the latter link that means you're already using the Business Tool. Otherwise click on the "Switch to Business Tool" link.
- Then go to http://bulkedit.ebay.com/ManageTemplates.
- Click on the blue "Create new template" button.
- In the next screen, add in a name for your template and all the information about titles, categories, photos and more.
- When you're done adding in all the information, you can click on the "Preview template" button to view your work. When you're satisfied, click on the blue "Save template" button.
- You can then choose to either create a new template, finish your work, or list an item with the template you just created.
- In order to use the template, when you click on the Sell link in your dashboard you'll go to the "Tell us what you're selling" screen. Just skip to the bottom and click on the Manage templates link.
- Choose the template you want to use from the list provided and under the Actions drop down choose "Create Listing" and make your new listing from there.
Making eBay Listing Templates in Selling Manager Pro
Selling Manager Pro is a service designed for sellers who do a regular volume of sales. If you have a Starter or Basic store subscription or above, you can add it for an additional $15.99 per month. You can make and save up to 20 templates per product with this feature.
- Go to your inventory screen and choose the product you are making the template for.
- Choose "Create new" in Listing Templates and choose the advanced listing form option.
- Add all the item information and choose either "Save only" which saves the template, or "Submit and Save" which saves the template and also makes the item listing live.
- Templates can also be made from a listing that is already live or is pending. Just choose the item in your product view under "Scheduled" or "Active" and then choose "Save to Inventory."
- Add the name of the product or the name of the template.
- You can either select the "Product folder" to save it or "Save to Inventory" to save it and create your new listing.
Using Pre-Made eBay Templates
If you want to save time and use a pre-made template, you can find listing templates for free and for a fee.
Add to Watchlist
Add to Watchlist has free, customizable and mobile-friendly listing templates with free image hosting. You do not need to know any HTML code in order to customize their templates. The site has a drag-and-drop editor and tutorials to help you create your templates. Their template library is regularly updated. The free plan is their Silver plan which includes up to 100 MB of storage space, support and unlimited downloads. If you need more, they have a Gold plan for $9.95 a month with 1 GB of space and an Advanced plan for $19.95 a month with 2 GB.
Free Auction Designs
This website has a wide variety of free templates for use on eBay. They also offer a set of free listing tools to help you including image gallery management, a listing scheduler and more. The site claims new templates are added each week. Templates are arranged by subject such as "holidays," "seasons," "crafts," and "fashions." There's also a search box you can use to look for a specific template theme.
On Hero Lister's website you can make your own template using a selection of free and premium templates. All you need to do is go to the site, choose a template, add in your information and then save the code to paste in to your eBay account. You can make the templates with no knowledge of HTML but having some basic knowledge will help. The site also offers customer support and you can pay for integration services for an additional fee.
The InkFrog website has an online template designer for making eBay listing templates. They have hundreds of professionally designed templates to choose from. InkFrog's templates are on a "managed listing" plan which means that the live templates are hosted on their server. You can have up to 200 live managed listings at a time. They offer a 14-day free trial and subscriptions range from $11 a month for up to 300 listings to $79 per month for unlimited listings.
Ninja Templates specializes in custom eBay listing templates and notes their awards from eBay for "Best in Stores." They have three packages with the starter package at $899 and the highest option, the eBay Premium Package, selling for $1,299. There are currently six free templates
Sellercore has both free eBay listing templates and custom ones for a fee. They also offer image hosting for listings and a large catalog of graphic assets to use including icons, images and more. The site has an eBay template HTML editor which you can use if you know HTML or you can use the Design Editor screen if you want a WYSIWYG option. Sellercore has a large set of template themes including "animals," "holidays," "sports" and "hobbies." Premier templates sell for $.99 to $4.49.
Super Auction Template
This site has a handful of professional templates that you can download for free. If you create a free account, you can have access to several more templates for free that are not available on the main page. To use these templates requires a knowledge of HTML for editing although you can import them into a WYSIWYG editor if you do not know HTML code.
Widget Chimp does not provide templates but rather is a drag-and-drop template builder. With Widget Chimp you can make responsive, mobile-friendly templates. It comes with 24 drag-and-drop widgets such as search boxes, navigation bars and image galleries. You don't need to have any knowledge of coding with the easy interface. There's a free seven-day trial and subscriptions are $15.95 a month for two eBay accounts and $46 for up to 10.
Using eBay Listing Templates
It does take a bit of effort to find and create templates for eBay listings. However if you regularly list a lot of products, you'll quickly find templates will significantly cut the amount of time you spend creating listings. The return on investment for your work will help you sell more and spend less time on tedious tasks like making listings individually from scratch.