If you have reliable Internet access, printable online coupons can help you stretch your family's budget.
You can find coupons for grocery items, as well as coupons for office supplies, toiletries, cleaning products, over-the-counter medications, and other household essentials. Occasionally, you can even find coupons for discounts on discretionary purchases like restaurant meals, craft supplies, and children's toys.
Saving Money with Online Coupons
To make the most of your printable online coupons, remember the following money saving tips:
- Stay organized! Develop a filing system for your coupons so you can quickly find the coupons you need and keep track of coupon expiration dates.
- Check coupon sites before you go shopping to catch last minute offers.
- Pay attention to product size limitations and other coupon criteria. You'll need to purchase the correct item to receive the discount.
- Look for stores that offer "double coupon" days to maximize your savings.
- Try to use your coupons when an item is already on sale.
- If the item is non-perishable and something your family uses on a regular basis, buy as many as the coupon will allow.
- Don't use a printable online coupon to purchase an item you don't really need. You're not saving money if the product will go to waste.
Finding Printable Online Coupons
Finding coupons is surprisingly easy. If you're looking for a wide variety of printable online coupons, the following websites may be useful:
- Cool Savings
- Wow Coupons
- Coupon Surfer
- Coupon Cabin
- Coupon Pages
- Get Coupons Online
- Fabulous Savings
If you're looking for coupons for a specific store, you'll want to check out the store's website to see what discounts are available. Stores such as Hobby Lobby frequently post printable online coupons. In addition, stores like Bath & Body Works let you sign up for emails to receive coupons and other special offers.
Beware of Fraudulent Coupons
Adobe Photoshop and other graphics software programs have made it simple for scam artists to generate fake printable online coupons. This costs retailers millions of dollars each year, since they can't receive reimbursement from the product manufacturer after accepting a fraudulent coupon. Because of this, some stores are now refusing to accept any type of printable online coupon.
Although it can sometimes be difficult to tell if a coupon is fake, there are a few warning signs you should look for. For example:
- The coupon seems blurry or hard to read.
- There are spelling or grammar errors in the coupon text.
- The coupon doesn't have a scannable bar code.
- The coupon offers a free item or an unbelievable savings, such as $9 off an item that costs $10.
- The coupon is for McDonald's or another fast food restaurant. Scam artists typically target these businesses most often.
If you knowingly use a fraudulent coupon to purchase an item, the retailer may decide to press charges. This is legally considered the same as stealing.