Discount board games are an economical entertainment choice for anyone trying to save money or live on a budget. A good board game provides hours of entertainment at a fraction of the cost of visiting the local movie theater or taking your children to the mall arcade.
Ordering a Discount Board Game
The Internet is a great place to buy discount board games, especially if you take the time to do some comparison shopping and look for free shipping promotions or other money-saving coupon codes. Check out the following websites:
- Board Games and Games Superstore offers a wide selection of board games for children and adults. Available titles include Cosmic Catch, Blokus, My Marvel Heroes Customizable Monopoly, and NFL Trivia Challenge.
- Board Game Central has periodic sales and specials on some of the most popular board games available today.
- Fair Play Games offers popular games such as Alibi, Around the World in 80 Days, Battlestations, Dragonriders, and Heroscape.
- House Full of Games has discount board games, card games, party games, family games, and religious-themed games.
If you'd prefer not to shop online, you can also purchase board games at toy stores or discount stores such as Walmart, Kmart, and Target. Many retailers advertise sales on popular board games during the Christmas shopping season. This is a great time to stock up on discount board games for yourself or pick up a few extra games to use as gifts throughout the year.
Expect to pay approximately $10 to $40 for a board game. Even if you can't get it at a discount, you'll still reap hours of entertainment for very little cost.
The Appeal of Board Games
Kids have more toys today than ever before, yet playing board games remains a favorite activity among children of all ages. For kids, board games offer the following benefits;
- Board games teach the rules of sportsmanship and fair play. Children learn that losing one round of a favorite game is not the end of the world.
- Board games help develop reading, counting, and shape recognition skills, as well as increased manual dexterity.
- Board games offer a chance to spent quality time with parents and siblings.
However, board games aren't just for children. Benefits of board games for adults include:
- If you're sick of spending your nights in front of the television, board games will help to shake up your routine.
- Party games such as Cranium are wonderful icebreakers for events where guests might not know each other very well.
- Research has shown that the mental stimulation offered by regularly playing board games or card games can greatly reduce your risk of developing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
Types of Board Games
There are discount board games available to suit almost every taste. For example:
- Word games such as Scrabble and Boggle are the perfect choice for avid readers with large vocabularies and people who love to show off their spelling skills.
- Trivia games such as Trivial Pursuit let you have fun while learning something new.
- Party games such as Cranium combine elements of different board games to create a fun activity.
- Strategy games such as Heroscape give you a chance to practice problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Role playing games such as Dungeons & Dragons let players get lost in a fantasy world.
- Children's games such as Candyland and Operation are a fun introduction to the world of board games.
- Classic games such as Monopoly and Battleship make great family night activities since they're fun for kids and adults alike.