E-cards are a convenient way to let friends and family members know you care about them. Even better, many e-cards will talk, giving an audible message along with great graphics and a fun presentation. You can create your own talking e-cards for free, if you know the right sites.
MyFunCards has a wide variety of no-cost talking e-cards, including birthdays, Mother's Day and Father's Day, Christmas, New Year, Jewish holidays, thank you cards, and more. They also have a selection of Spanish language cards. MyFunCards is unique because the voice for the talking card is actually your voice, based on you recording from your computer.
- Click through to the site and choose the e-card you would like to send from one of the categories on the left side of the page.
- Once you have made your selection, type and/or record a message in your own voice using your computer's microphone. You can have a written message, recorded message, or both. If you opt for both, the typed message doesn't have to match what you say in the recording. Keep in mind the e-card will only talk if you record a message.
- Continue to the next step, where you will need to enter the recipient's name and email address and choose the subject line. You will also be asked for your name and email address, but these fields are optional.
- Next, choose whether to send the message now or to schedule the e-card to be sent later. You can also elect to be emailed a copy of the e-card, and/or choose to receive an email notification when the recipient opens the card.
Care 2 is a website dedicated to raising awareness and funds for animals and the environment. As part of this effort, they offer a selection of free talking e-cards in designs appropriate for kids and adults. You can choose from cards for birthdays, holidays, other celebration occasions, friendship, love and more. Cards have pre-selected recorded messages in a computer voice or a character's voice. This site is unique because the e-cards you send support a great cause.
- Go to the site and select the category of card you are looking for from the choices on the left.
- Look for cards marked with a movie camera icon. These are the animated cards that have music and voice included.
- Choose a card that seems interesting, and click on it to play the clip to make sure you like it.
- After you've chosen a card, click on the "Personalize" button and fill in the information. Your name and email address will be required. The boxes to subscribe you to the site's email updates will be automatically selected, so de-select them if you're not interested.
- Finally, choose the send date. You can either send your card immediately or select a future date.
PetZooba offers a small selection of free e-cards that talk. You have to register to send cards, but the only information required is your name and email address. Cards available cover birthdays, friendship, and a few holidays. The message will be sent in a computer voice speaking a message that you have typed. With PetZooba, you get to choose the exact spoken message, but you don't have to record your voice.
- Vist the site and choose "Talking e-cards" from the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Choose the one you like, and type your message in the blue box below the image.
- Click the play button to hear your message and make sure it sounds right. You may have to use some creative spelling to get the pronunciation just right. You can also translate your message into different languages.
- Once you have the card personalized the way you want, you can schedule it to be sent immediately or at a future date.
Ecards.Co.UK has a wide variety of free animated e-cards, and the birthday ones often have talking characters that sing happy birthday. Many of the designs even allow you to upload photos of faces to be placed on the card! You can choose from categories such as romance, birthday, expressions (thank you, congratulations, get well soon, etc.), humor, holidays, and more. Cards use pre-recorded character voices based on the theme.
- To send a card from this site, select the category from the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Preview the cards to listen to the pre-selected messages and choose one you like.
- Once you've chosen a card, click on Send Card.
- On the right side of the screen, you will be asked to fill in your name and email address, and the recipient's name and email address.
- You can also add a typed message and choose the date the card will be sent.
Note: When you send a free e-card through this site, they will send you advertising e-mails in return, so keep that in mind when deciding which email address of yours to include in the form.
123 Greetings has a wide variety of free e-cards, including many video cards with recorded messages. You must to register to use the site, but you only need to provide your name and email address. You can choose from cards for various occasions and holidays. 123 Greetings stands out because you can also choose a card to celebrate an offbeat holiday like Flower Basket Day or Bubble Bath Day. Each design has a pre-recorded message in a voice that matches its character.
- Use the search box in the upper right corner to search "YouTube" to narrow your search to talking options. You'll then see the vast selection of video cards that talk.
- Review the category options on the right side of the search results screen and make your selection.
- Within the category you choose, select the card you're interested in and press the play button to preview it. If you like it, select "Customize and Send This Card" above the preview.
- Fill out the requested information about yourself and the recipient, and choose the delivery date.
- Review and adjust the opt-in checkboxes below the delivery date. You can uncheck receiving the newsletter, for instance.
Jimpix is a great place to find a wide variety of free short videos with pre-recorded messages that can be sent as e-cards. You don't have to register or create an account to use the site, and you can choose from categories such as birthdays, Christmas, and expressions, like many other sites. However, on Jimpix you can also choose a film, GIF, or music e-card.
- To begin, you can either search "videos" along with the occasion of the card (like birthday, Christmas, etc.) or choose the category you're looking for and select the videos section.
- Once you find a video card you like, click on it and press play to preview it.
- To send the card, fill in the information below the preview, including your name and email address. You can also choose the date to send the card.
- When you're done, you can either review the card or click "finish" to send.
Rattlebox offers a variety of funny free e-cards with spoken greetings, although many have very adult themes. You can register for free on the site, but it's not required to send a card. These cards offer a humorous and naughty look at birthdays, thinking of you, April Fool's Day, love, congratulations, and more. There are also unique non-traditional categories such as Insults and LGBT. Each one has a pre-recorded message in a voice consistent with the card's theme.
- To find a card through Rattlebox, select the category you'd like on the left sidebar.
- The available cards will be at the bottom of the results page, below an advertising video. Select a card you're interested in and preview it.
- If you like it, click the Send This Card Now button below the video preview. You will be asked to fill in your name and email address, the recipient's name and email address, and any customized typed message you'd like to send. The typed message will not be spoken.
- You then select whether you want to send the card right away or schedule it to be sent in the future.
JibJab has a variety of free talking e-cards that can be sent for different of occasions. You must register to use JibJab cards, but you don't have to upgrade to a paying account. The free cards cover occasions such as sports, friendship, music videos, birthdays, get well soon, and more. The cards have music and pre-recorded voices appropriate to their characters. What makes JibJab special is that many of the cards allow you to place pictures of your face and your friends' faces on the cards, making them very personal and funny.
- Finding the free JibJab cards by browsing can be a bit tricky, so be sure to use the search box on the upper right of the page to search for the term "free."
- From the search results, select the video that you want and watch the preview. You will hear the music and the talking message.
- If you like it, click the 'Make Your Own' button below the preview.
- If it's a card that allows you to upload photos for the faces, the first step will be choosing photos. Afterward, you can enter a typed message, which won't be spoken.
- You can then send the card immediately or schedule it for a future date.
Using Talking E-Cards
E-cards with spoken messages can be a fun and quirky way to reach out to people you don't see often or don't know well. While you can certainly send e-cards on the standard birthday, holiday and anniversary schedule, many of these sites have cards for all kinds of occasions. If you want to thank someone, wish them well in a difficult time, or just let them know you're thinking about them, sending this type of greeting can be a great option that doesn't cost anything or take much time.