With an Apple iPod discount, you can get a brand new iPod without having to pay retail price. There are a number of online resources to help you get the best deal.
Types of iPods
After starting the computer revolution in the 1970s, Apple helped to reinvent the personal computer. Its portable digital music player, the iPod, is just one of the company's many innovations since. The first iPod debuted in November 2001 and became an instant hit. In subsequent years, Apple has improved on its original model and added to the family. As of July 2011, music lovers can choose from the following types of iPods:
- nano: With a 1.48-inch by 1.61-inch body that weighs just three-quarters of an ounce, the iPod nano is incredibly portable, so your favorite songs are always in reach. The sleek model comes with a choice of 8 GB ($149) or 16 GB ($179) of storage, plus it includes an FM radio, Genius mixes and a pedometer.
- Shuffle: The iPod shuffle proves that big things really do come in small packages. The iPod shuffle is a tiny music machine that packs a huge punch. It weighs less than one-half of an ounce and measures just 1.14 inches by 1.24 inches. While it doesn't feature a screen like its siblings, the shuffle does come with a four-button menu and a battery life of up to 15 hours. The shuffle also comes with a tiny price--just $49. For the money you get 2 GB of storage capable of holding hundreds of songs.
- Touch: The high-tech iPod touch is similar to the iPhone in that it runs on the same advanced iOS 4 operating system. As such, you are able to access Apple apps on your touch, making your favorite tunes sound more vibrant than ever. The iPod touch measures 4.4 inches by 2.3 inches and weighs 3.56 ounces. You can choose the 8 GB ($229), 32 GB ($299), and 64 GB ($399). In addition to incredible music capablities, the touch comes equipped with a 5-megapixel camera, smart screen, Wi-Fi connection and a slew of extras like email, games and a calendar.
What is an Apple iPod Discount?
An Apple iPod discount is a type of discount offered by various retailers, online marketplaces, associations, and Apple. With an Apple iPod discount, you can purchase an iPod for less than the average retail price.
Where to Find an Apple iPod Discount
Good places to find an Apple iPod discount or coupon include:
- XP Bargains - XP Bargains has a whole list of places to get iPod coupons and discounts. The site also includes a list of companies offering free iPods, discounted iPod accessories, and more.
- Deal Catcher - This online marketplace allows you to catch the best deals online on both brand new and refurbished Apple iPod products.
- Veterans Advantage - Veterans Advantage is an organization specifically for veterans. There are many different benefits to joining the group, least of which is everyday savings and discounts on Apple's complete line of iPod products.
Cheap gadgets and accessories can also be purchased without a discount from online stores and comparison sites like eBay.
In certain cases, you may be able to get a free iPod with the purchase of another item or service. Often companies offer these types of deals. To find deals like this, type the words "free iPod" or "free iPod with purchase" into a search engine.
Free iPod Recycling Program
In 2005, Apple began a free iPod recycling program. The program allows customers to drop off an iPod, iPod Photo, or iPod Mini they no longer want at Apple retail stores. In return, the customer receives a 10% discount on a new iPod. The new unit must be purchased the same day the old one is turned in.
The old iPods are disposed of in an environmentally-friendly manner. Hazardous materials are never shipped overseas, and all recycling processes are handled within the U.S.
To learn more about the free iPod recycling program offered by Apple, visit Apple's Environment Page.
A Final Note
There is no reason to pay retail price for an Apple iPod if you don't have to. With less time than it takes to brew a pot of coffee, you can find a valuable but cheap mp3 player discount online.